What is it?
The SunCart is a mobile solar electric generator that produces household AC power from the sun. A more sustainable alternative to gas generators.
How does it work?
The SunCart converts light (photons) to an electric current (DC) that is stored in a battery/batteries and subsequently converted to 120VAC that can be used by most standard electrical devices.
Where would I use one?
The SunCart can be used at outdoor events where gas generators aren’t desired, camping, weekend cabins, at home in the event of a power outage, off-grid living, remote locations, or simply to reduce a household’s electric bill.
What can I run off of it?
Most devices that runs off of 120VAC (60Hz) including the following:
- Small to medium-sized refrigerators (ideally newer or Energy Star models)
- Chest freezers
- Lights (ideally compact fluorescent and/or LED bulbs)
- Charging portable electronics (cellphones, laptops, etc.)
- Stereo systems
- Coffee makers/grinder (A must have!)
- Most power tools (ideally, rechargeable power tools)
How long will it run before the battery/batteries require(s) recharging?
This depends on what it is that you’re running off of the generator.
For example, a 1000W power tool: ≈1.5 hours (50% DOD), 13W CFL bulb: ≈110 hours, energy efficient refrigerator: ≈24 hours . These estimates do not include daytime energy produced via the PV module, which would extend these times. Additional battery capacity will also double these run times.
- Renewable Energy Source – The sun!
- Clean, i.e. no fumes, exhaust or spills to worry about
- Quiet – no chug, chug, chug
- No running to the gas station to refuel
- Pure 120VAC sine wave (60 Hz)
- 1300VA power rating, with overload capacities of 4700VA (momentary surge), 2900VA (5 sec surge), 1800VA (30 minutes)
- 12V 225ah Gel or AGM maintenance-free battery
- 280W PV (photovoltaic, i.e. solar electric) module
- 1 Duplex GFCI outdoor rated AC outlets
- USB Outlet (waterproof)
- 12V Socket (waterproof)
- Communication port (waterproof)
- 120V Inlet for backup charging of batteries via the grid or generator
- Digital readout: battery voltage, PV module current, battery charging current, and battery charge status.
- North American manufactured components, designed and assembled in Floyd County, Virginia.